Committees and Chairpersons
Call for Volunteers!
All Chapter members have an opportunity to be active participants in our Chapter! Below is a list of committees with a brief description of the responsibilities, as well as the Board member who oversees that committee. As your schedule allows, please consider how you can bring your area of expertise and past talents to aid your Chapter.
You can contact the respective Board member directly with questions or join the committee. We’ve tried to make it easy for everyone to participate!
COMMUNICATIONS / MEDIA
Board Member: Communications Director: Susan Solliday, Allied ASID, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Membership Directory
Communications--Desert Design Magazine
- The Desert Design Magazine (DDM) is a quarterly print publication.
- The magazine reaches approximately 800 practitioner members and industry partners by mail and available to the public in a digital version.
- Researches relevant articles related to our industry for publication.
- Coordinate intake of articles for each issue.
- Submits all information to the Graphic Designer.
- Supervises the proofing process
Co-Chair: Yoselin Castro, Student ASID, email@example.com
Co-Chair: Leslie Gutierrez, Student ASID, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Updates our Social Media sites.
- Promotes ASID Chapter events and member news.
Communications – Graphics
Chair: Eileen Burick, Industry Partner Rep, email@example.com
- Chapter event flyer production
- Update information on the website
- Work with Administrator to include pertinent information
St Mary’s Foodbank
Chair: Amy Strang, Allied ASID, firstname.lastname@example.org
DESIGN EXCELLENCE AWARDS GALA
Board Member: President: Tabitha Evans, Allied ASID, email@example.com
Design Excellence Awards
Chair: Yoselin Castro, Student ASID, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Annual Awards Gala honoring chapter leaders, sponsors, and special community awards
- Honors Design Excellence Awards Contest Winners
- Committee has multiple responsibilities including:
- Awards Competition – Forms, Submission, Judging & Awards
- Awards Presentation
- Awards Gala – Venue Coordination, Event Theme, Food & Beverage
Board Member: Finance Director: Karen Barnes, Allied ASID, email@example.com
Design for Hire
- Chapter outreach to the Community
- Chapter Fundraiser – designers donate their time
- Goal is to raise awareness of interior design by making it affordable to people who might not ordinarily seek out professional design services.
- Public is charged a fee of $75 per hour, with two-hour consultation
- Assist homeowners with questions they may have about the interior of their home
INDUSTRY PARTNER LIAISON – DIRECTOR AT LARGE
Board Member: Director at Large: Brian Gallop, Industry Partner Representative for Ferguson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Donuts & Dialogue
Chair: Christine Rhodes, Industry Partner Rep, email@example.com
- Bimonthly Program for designers and Industry Partners
- Promote marketing assistance and networking opportunities
- Assist Industry Partners in promoting their business with ASID practitioners
- Encourage cross promotion and business opportunities with other Industry Partners
Board Member: Professional Development Director: Paddy Rasmussen, Allied ASID, firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Development Day
- Develops annual CEU event
- Coordinates logistics and venue
- Promotes event with the membership
Programs – Business Tech
- Develops business and educational programs designed to enhance business practices
- Develop focused topics on the use of technology
Chair: Sujaya Reddy, Allied ASID, email@example.com
- Supports designers in the early stages of their career and practitioners seeking to improve their practices
- Fosters networking with peers
- Promote working with Industry Partners
- Develop Mentoring Program Work with Past President’s Council to develop a program to prepare for NCIDQ exam
- Works with College Interior Design ASID Chapters & Design Groups to educate and encourage student interest in ASID
- Coordinates student activities
- Coordinates Real World Design Week
- Oversees Charrette Competition
- Oversees Scholarship Program for Student Members Advancing to Allied ASID Membership
- Coordinates Career Day
PROGRAMS / EVENTS / MEMBERSHIP
Board Member: Membership Director: Erin Linstrom, Allied ASID, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Establishes Membership Meeting focus and venues.
- Recruits speakers and coordinates travel logistics as required.
- Coordinates contracts and insurance requirements with venues.
- Coordinates meeting logistics (seating, food & beverage, AV, handouts, etc)
Chair: Brenda Emrich, Industry Partner Rep, email@example.com
- Assists at membership meetings and events to meet and greet arriving members & guests
- Assist with registration checkin
- Ambassadors are outgoing and welcoming
- Has knowledge about chapter to answer questions
- Provide general guidance during events
Membership – Recruitment and Retention
Chair: Katie Hubert, Allied ASID, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Promote new membership in ASID
- Work to retain ASID existing members
- Work to engage and retain
Professional Level Members Membership – Mentoring Program
- Establish a mentoring program between
- Professional Members and Allied Members who seek to elevate their current business or branch into a secondary area of expertise.
- Promote advancement of practices through NCIDQ professional accreditation
Chair: Janet Jackson, Allied ASID, email@example.com
- Scans local media publications for mention of ASID members – clips and scans all for Chapter digital history.
- Receives and scans additional information and/or publications regarding members as may be obtained through donations by the membership.
Board Member: President Elect: Amy Strang, Allied ASID, firstname.lastname@example.org
Government Affairs: Debra May Himes, ASID, IIDA, LEED AP, Debra.Himes@DMHDESIGN.COM
- Duties: Works closely with the Interior Design Coalition of Arizona (IDCA) and its efforts to pursue future legislation that advocates for our profession.
- Keeps our Board and members aware of the latest occurrences within the legislative community.
- Attends IDCA board meetings, events, and promotions.
- Attends ASID National Legislative Symposium and reports back to Board; writes quarterly articles (at minimum) for Desert Design Magazine.
Sponsorship / Fundraising
Board Members: President: Tabitha Evans, Allied ASID, email@example.com and President-Elect: Amy Strang, Allied ASID, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsor Marketing Representative: Rick Emrich, email@example.com
- Duties: Encourages individuals/firms/vendors to assist funding Chapter activities, primarily relating to the Chapter’s annual Design Excellence Awards Event.
- Uses the Chapter’s sponsorship forms, distributes sponsorship opportunities to membership, and followsup regularly via telephone, email, and personal visits.